Instagram, one of the major social media platforms today, offers lucrative marketing opportunities to any business. These days, Instagram Reels are becoming more popular now that the feature is available in the US and at least 50 other countries. Getting in touch with a trusted social media marketing Colorado company can help you assess if having visibility through Reels is applicable to your business, and if so, can assist you in planning and implementing the right marketing strategies.
What are Instagram Reels?
In August 2020, Instagram introduced Reels as a new way to create and post short entertaining videos on the platform. This feature works similarly to TikTok. In fact, many people call Instagram Reels as a “TikTok clone.”
To understand if Reels suit your business, you’ll first need to know what this Instagram feature can do.
- Records videos or use pre-recorded ones
- Edits and posts short videos
- Creates a cover photo
- Adds audio/music from a huge online library or from your personal collection
- Allows searching for specific audio. The search results show other videos using the same audio (which is perfect when your business is jumping into popular social media video trends)
- Initially launched with a 15-second limit, Reel videos can now be 15, 30 or 60 seconds long
- On the Reels tab, Instagram users can see Reels of popular and trending accounts even if they don’t follow them
- Aside from the dedicated Reels tab, Reels can also be published on Instagram’s Stories and Explore tabs.
Once you determine that Instagram is a great social platform to use for your business, partnering with a social media management Colorado company will save you the hassle of learning the technicalities of Reels from scratch.
5 Instagram Reel Ideas for Your Businesses
As long as most of your target market is on Instagram, Reels can be beneficial to your business. Below are some ways to utilize this Instagram feature.
1. Share tips, insights, checklists and other valuable information in a series of short videos
Instagram Reels are perfect for creating informative videos that can be divided into short, quick clips for easy-to-digest content.
2. Show a series of videos featuring interviews with your employees
Did you know that employees play an important role in marketing your brand? Also, any social media marketing Colorado company will tell you that consumers love to feel connected with the people who they do business with.
3. Share customer/client reviews
The video clips can show screenshots of written reviews on your business. Alternatively, you can ask your clients for a 15-second video of them sharing why they love doing business with you.
4. Showcase a before-and-after project
A popular trend on Instagram is showcasing a before-and-after video of a project especially by DIY enthusiasts, artists and arts-and-crafts hobbyists. Business-wise, this video idea is useful for promoting an auto repair business, interior designer or any other business offering services. It’s also great for any business that manufactures or makes products e.g. bakeries, arts and crafts, dressmakers, etc.
5. Introduce, showcase and/or demonstrate your new products
Instagram Reels are perfect for quickly showcasing the features of your new product. They’re also great to use when providing teasers of products which are yet to be launched. As for product demos, you can opt to have a series of quick videos demonstrating one feature at a time.
These days, video content gains more engagement than text content, and thus, Instagram Reels provide your business with the opportunity to use short videos for marketing and promotional purposes on social platforms. If you are new to Reels and think that Instagram is a lucrative marketing channel for your business, make sure to hire an experienced, dependable social media management Colorado with intensive know-how on how to make the most of Instagram and any other social platform for your business.