If you haven’t been doing your holiday marketing activities on social media by now, you’re definitely losing a chunk of huge sales opportunities this season. You still have until the New Year to run holiday-themed strategies though, so make sure to get a Colorado digital marketing service to help you with the campaigns to be launched on social media and any online platform.
To give you some ideas of what marketing strategies to run this holiday season or what to expect from your digital marketer, below are just some of them.
1. Be visual with a holiday flavor
Being visually relevant and creative is important for strengthening brand awareness through social media marketing campaigns. It’s even more essential during the holidays when there are specific symbols and images you can use to depict the festive season and invoke a joyful mood. From graphics to branding, there are so many ways to use visuals with a holiday touch, and below are some examples:
- Post holiday-themed photos with inspiring quotes or holiday wishes
- Schedule and publish a series of photos or videos that tells a holiday story
- Update your profile photo and background image (if any) to reflect the holiday spirit
- Give your official logo a holiday makeover just for this season
- If you’re using paid social media ads, consider giving your ad copy and design a holiday look, too
- Although not directly a social media activity, the copy and design of your landing pages should also have a holiday theme
2. Launch a holiday contest
Organizing a holiday contest on social media will get your followers buzzing. It’s also a great way to attract new people to your social media and ultimately to your website and/or your local retail business. Make sure to set a specific hashtag that people can use to share your event to a wider audience.
When organizing a holiday contest, consider giving consolation prizes. Having only one major prize will make people less likely to join the contest because they’ll feel they don’t have a huge chance of winning. Alternatively, you can also have various categories of winners who’ll receive smaller prizes.
3. Offer and promote special holiday deals
The holiday is typically the time when people splurge on buying gifts for their family, friends and themselves. And thus, it’s also the perfect time for businesses to offer special holiday deals such as bundled products, purchases with freebies, and seasonal discounts. You can also offer special discounts specifically to your social media followers.
However you do it, offering holiday specials are great for driving previous customers back to your shop and attracting new potential customers. Also, customers will feel the urge to buy from you as soon as possible due to the time-sensitive nature of the special deals. To help you with the promotion of your specials online, consider hiring a digital marketing agency for the design and content of your landing pages.
4. Give away free products, services and/or content
It’s the season of generosity, and businesses even see the holiday as a chance to be generous to the community. On social media, giving away something with your brand on it can strengthen brand awareness and loyalty as well as drive new potential customers to your social platforms, website and shop. Here are some ideas on how to give away freebies:
- Ask people to perform a series of tasks (e.g. following your social media account, commenting on a post and/or sharing your content to their friends) to receive your freebies
- The freebies can also be a part of your customers’ orders
- Put your active followers’ names into a raffle and the lucky winners will get the freebies as a prize
If you want the content and design of the landing pages for your freebies to be consistent with your social media posts, make sure to book a Colorado digital marketing service from an experienced, knowledgeable company.
5. Use live broadcasting features to hold an online holiday party
Holding a social media party is a great way to interact with your followers and potentially new customers as well. Live broadcasting is possible on many social platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, LinkedIn, TikTok and Twitch. Below are some ideas on what to do for the party:
- Give away prizes to the lucky viewers
- Hold an auction or sell products online
- Have a Q&A session with your followers
- Introduce new products and/or special holiday deals
- Run a real-time contest/game
Hire Digital Marketing Experts
The holiday season has started and your business will definitely be busy. Entrust your internet marketing needs to a dependable, experienced digital marketing agency so you can focus on what matters most to your business. At Muzeum Marketing, we can help you increase and drive targeted traffic, gain more quality leads, boost brand awareness, create impressive graphic design and other activities that will bring your brand to the next level.