The mobile technology has literally taken its market by storm. As you can see, almost everyone you know owns a cell phone. According to the U.S. tech industry publisher TechCrunch, the average American consumer spends approximately five hours in any given day on their mobile devices not just texting or doing selfies – but spending a large part of that time on the internet. As a matter of fact, mobile devices accounted for more than 50% of the total search engine visits in the U.S.
There are more or less 280 million mobile phone users in the U.S. at present, and over 90% of these spend a large chunk of their time on search portals and social apps. This is how mobile technology has influenced the modern consumers’ mindset:
- 40% of consumers use mobile phones to complete an entire shopping process
- 50% of people who performed local Google search on a mobile device visited a store within the day.
With the overwhelming number of people who use their mobile devices to search for products and information via the internet, it is imperative for businesses including private investigation agencies to make their websites mobile friendly and follow effective mobile SEO practices.
What Is Mobile SEO?
Mobile SEO stands for mobile search engine optimization. It is a strategy for making websites easily seen on mobile devices and optimizing their content to make pages achieve a better ranking in search engine results pages (SERPs). It is a process that works to improve organic traffic for your site.
Speaking about search engines, a lot of them are operating in cyberspace today, but when it comes to mobile SEO, Google is arguably the most important because it accounts for more than 90% of all mobile searches.
For excellent search engine results, it is imperative for private investigators’ websites to be mobile-friendly. To achieve this, you may seek the help of a competent SEO marketing agency to make sure that your website is responsive, fast in terms of page speed, and loaded with meaty content that caters to both desktop and mobile audiences.
One of the most compelling things that could really prompt website owners to optimize their websites for mobile use is Google’s mobile-first indexing. It was March 2018 when the giant search engine announced its decision to use mobile version of websites as its basis for indexing and ranking.
Another aspect that could prompt you to consider mobile SEO is Google’s RankBrain algorithm. It is specifically intended to check how Google searchers interact with your website. If RankBrain finds that your site fails to offer satisfactory mobile user experience, it will certainly drop your site like a stone.
As a private investigation agency that’s serious about its business, you must optimize your website for mobile devices with the help of experts like the Florida SEO Agency.
Here are essential SEO strategies you should consider to enhance your site’s visibility to mobile phone users:
- Maximize your site’s mobile loading speed
Google is particular about website mobile speed. In fact, they would be very pleased if your site can load in a second on mobile devices. That’s quite hard to achieve, but with the help of some free tools like Google’s PageSpeed Insights, you will have a chance to get closer to this ambitious objective.
- Make your content easy to read on mobile phones.
As much as possible, don’t make mobile users pinch or squint when reading your content. This will compel them to hit the “back” button and leave your site in midair. Make your mobile content readable through these simple techniques:
- Use a 14 – 16 px font
- Use short paragraphs with only one to two lines
- Limit your lines to 50 – 60 characters
- See to it that there’s a contrast between your text an background. This makes your content easier to read.
- Use HTML5 for video and animated content.
If you imbed videos or any sort of animation in your content, you should avoid using Flash as it surely wont work. Have it coded in HTML5 instead.
- Utilize the “Viewport Content” Tag
The viewport meta tag enhances responsiveness as it has the power to change the size of your page based on the size of the user’s device.
- Boost your site’s usability for mobile Google searchers with these 3 quick and practical hacks:
- Use small header images
- Use negative space – this allows mobile users to easily read your content and find the information they need. Cluttered content on a mobile device can easily prompt users to leave
- Place social share buttons on “shareable” content. Social share buttons have a great potential to increase the number of shares your content can get, and they work best especially if they are displayed as a tab bar at the end of the page. Make this job easier with tools like Sumo.
As a SEO marketing company, we know for sure that every business that owns a mobile-friendly website can increase its chances of reaching out to its target market. Sadly, this is not enough to guarantee your visibility.
Improve your rankings and make your business easily visible with effective mobile SEO strategies and expert help from a leading Florida SEO Agency.
Contact us at (303) 466-3055 or 1-888-311-1053. We can make it happen for you.